Sunday, May 24, 2009

Disneyland Paris in Two Days

This morning we woke up and said our final goodbyes to Len, Lisa and Eddie and Andy -- our ABD guides -- I was very sad to see them all go. So we got in a car and drove to Paris Disneyland where we were greeted by Georges and he was quite possibly the nicest desk clerk I have ever met. Our room was not ready but he gave us UNLIMITED FAST PASSES for the duration of our stay and so off we went with Sharon to the park. It was eerily similar to Disneyland but -- as Sharon said -- more intense. Sadly the park was really crowded both days but we did our best and managed to get on all the fast pass rides and some that were not. I think my favorite ride was Phantom Manor. Pirates here does not have the Johnny Depp figures which surprised me. Small World is way more international which I really liked. Indiana Jones is a ROLLER COASTER which goes into a loop -- imagine our surprise. The first night we went to Blue Lagoon (which is DP's version of the Blue Bayou) and had a magnificent meal. Eddie (ABD guide) made the reservations for us and man we were treated like royalty -- the best seat in the house -- and the food was outstanding. Tom had an octopus carpaccio which was wonderful and the bread and my sampler plate were outstanding -- they had shrimp which were wrapped in potato strings and fried -- I'm in love!!! And then I had dessert -- chocolate mousse -- which was hard to eat because I was so full. One thing I forgot to comment about was I saw a very nice looking 11 or 12 year old girl who was dressed like Aurora -- dress, crown, shoes, gloves and a sword. Aurora the Warrior Princess. This is a new generation for sure. The second day we finished up Disneyland and went over to the Studios and saw several shows -- it was really crowded too and way less places to sit down. We went on ToT which was fun and then to the shows -- Animagique was okay -- Cinemagique was really nice -- and then we went back to the hotel and then to Walt's. Even though we were given the same royal treatment. So since we had to repack we went back to the hotel. Fun times.

1 comment:

Chiemi said...

Your trip sounds like it was so awesome!!! I hope to see some pictures! :)