Thursday, May 14, 2009

Amazing Indian Food and Walking Around

A quick p.s. to my last post -- tonight we went to dinner at a restaurant called Sitaaray which was outstanding -- it was a "buffet" restaurant which meant that they gave us individual portions of every food they make -- all the while you are watching Bollywood movies on the walls -- I don't know much about Bollywood but the food was amazing -- favorites included Tandoor fish, chicken and lamb (in particular the tandoori lamb with the mint yogurt sauce was a particular favorite) and the tikka masala chicken curry -- everything was so good but now I have to jump up and down to get to sleep because it was so plentiful and spicy -- they said they would have given us more of a favorite but I think if I had had seconds I would have exploded by now. I know it's only 7:30 PM here but Tom and I are drifting off even while we are drinking a glass of soda/water. Then we walked around the district of Holborn (pronounced Hoe-burn) and man oh man these people do like their cigarettes -- blech -- they can no longer sit in the bar and smoke so they group around on the sidewalk and drink their beer and smoke -- and Tom forgot his inhaler so keep a good thought for us. Oh and funny story -- there is a guy who stands in front of the hotel and makes sure that nobody else comes in that shouldn't be here -- how he knows we belong I don't know but I'm sure the American accent is a tip off. Another surprising thing is that there is a LOT LOT LOT of American fast food here -- Burger King, McDonalds, Kripsy Kreme, Subway -- I started taking pictures of them but it would have taken up the whole stick. Anyway -- going to bed now -- tomorrow -- THE BRITISH MUSEUM.

No comments: