Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Google maps + Hawaii (Edited)

So I was watching this show on food network called Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and they featured in one part a good restaurant in Honolulu. Since I'll be going there in a few weeks with my parents I decided to look up on my phone a map of where exactly on the island it is. Because I did it on my phone it asked me if I wanted directions from my location. Being curious as to what it would say, I said yes. This is what it showed me...





That's right. To get to Hawaii from LA you need to travel up the 5 freeway almost to Canada and then KAYAK - yes kayak - to Hawaii!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have seen on Google Maps ever! I think it's even better than some store that had a MapQuest map on it's website that had them out in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa.

How long do you think it would take you to kayak 2,756 miles to Hawaii? You'd have to tow a LOT of food and water behind you to last as long as you'd need. Plus plenty of sunscreen so you don't burn up.

Edit: My dad found an interesting new kayak that you pedal like a bike instead of rowing. This kayak goes to about 5.75 mph. This means it'll only take you 19-20 days to reach hawaii if you pedal constantly!!

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

LOL! That is so hilarious!

Kellie said...

Hilarious!